Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Image of a Biker/Biker group

I always had the perception that the so called bikers are wild, indecent, difficult to get along with and live far from the human culture, far away from the mainstream. I never wanted to be a part of a riding group for this one and only reason.

Lately I decided to give it to try to see if what I have heard and believed is right or wrong. Better see it with eyes and hear with own ears that keeping prejudice, I thought. Searched the net and found out RTMC, got Bamboo’s ID from the yahoo group list and contacted him for more information. I still remember the first thing I asked him… “Is this an active group?” Only later could I find out that RTMC is one of the most popular groups in India. Bamboo guided me to one of the announce rides conducted by RTMC and what I saw was entirely different from what I thought about the group. A group of gentlemen, nicely maintained bikes, some accompanied by their wives, some with their friends, hard to find any kind of attitude, a totally different atmosphere and experience, experience which changed my whole perception and decision was taken to be a part of the group .

I waited for almost 3 months for the second announce ride to happen and that led my way to the prestigious Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club.

I have noticed few things at the first club meet I attended at the Value Lanes camp at Chikenhalli. Some are fond of racing, some more interested in maintaining the machine in its utmost condition, many are photographers and all are riders. Most of them come under the category ‘travelers’. One good thing about a traveler is that he/she is comfortable with any kind of situations, surroundings and they are the most comfortable ones with diversity.

No comments:

Google